Monday, January 18, 2010

Migraine, Ivana, and love...

Today a migraine completely disabled me as the depression of watching all those families in Haiti has got me completely heartbroken, I can't help but imagine me with my daughters being trapped in that hell... it is devastating to me and makes me feel so helpless. My heart goes out to all those children and mothers, and just that entire country that has gone thru soooo much...

Last-nite I called my ex-husband after hearing that it had been 200 years since an earthquake hit haiti, thinking maybe Panama being close and in the tropics might as well be hit by an earthquake, he calmed me a bit telling me that our structures were earthquake proof but OMG in reality nature is fierce and as Clinton said in Haitis case it was based on equal opportunity disaster affecting all types of individuals.

But what is amazing to me is how preachers are insisting Haiti is paying for their sins, this is so ignorant, I can't even imagine someone saying such a statement.I honestly do not believe children are paying for their sins!!!

Today has been one of those days where you do alot of laying around, watching tv, and just resting, in hopes that your migraine will disappear, and life will get back to normal soon...

Thinking you do alot of thinking, and I was in luck because I got a call from my daughter which is in the mountains doing social work for her school she has been there for a week, I was woken up by her call, we hadn't spoken to eachother in a week, she said of how she had to teach children, paint, cook, and how at night she would look up at the stars and see the shooting stars everywhere, how she had learned that the towns people were very simple and happy... she sounded amazing, intelligent, and caring as always... what is cute and actually very Panamanian was that she was there with her friends and one of them sent me a message that her dad was a nice guy, jajajjajaja her dad just happens to be the owner of one of the biggest mines here in Panama, me being against mining, directing a Campaign against mining here in Panama... after we hung-up I thought, I love Panama... as Ivana spoke to me her friend was telling her to tell me not to hate them and Ivana said, my mom doesn't hate anyone, (which is true) she said they just work in different fields that all! jajajajjaja which I thought was funny, before we hung-up I told Ivana to tell her friend to study Environmental studies to teach her father the importance of nature one day...

So today I had alot of time to ponder on my decisions, a man and his loyalty, time, disaster, and the important things in life... love!

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you.. this whole "paying for their sins" is such a huge bullshit.. this is just a natural disaster and all we have to do is stop the judging and start helping.. they NEED us.

    nice post Ana!

    ReplyDelete