Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter from me and my family... Felices Pascuas!




Happy Easter!

As you may know I live in Panama, and here every year we go to my "pueblo" Las Tablas in the interior, but this year I decided to stay here because I had a lot of work to do. The city was deserted and actually I loved it!
I cooked, hung out by the pool, and went hiking with the girls... Since this is a catholic holliday and me being christian I decided to study the life of Mother Teresa with the girls, which was a very cool experience, since I myself learned things about Mother Teresa that I did not know!
“Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.”
She was a true believer in the power of love, and hopefully that rubbed off a bit onto my daughters after discovering her, just looking at that woman and the way she would touch and look at other humans is something very special! My soul was touched by her speaking of love and kindness and forgiveness...

It was kind of difficult for me to pick someone from the catholic church at this moment with all the controversy, I do have much faith but in god and not as much in humans, but there is something amazing about Mother Teresa, she was unique and genuinely good!

IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT MOTHER TERESA...

- SHE WON THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE 1979
- SHE REFUSED TO GO TO THE BANQUET DINNER, INSTAED SHE ASKED FOT EVERYONE WHO WAS INVITED TO JOIN HER IN FEEDING THE POOR
- SHE READ THIS PRAYER
Lord, make a channel of Thy peace that, where there is hatred, I may bring love; that where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness; that, where there is discord, I may bring harmony; that, where there is error, I may bring truth; that, where there is doubt, I may bring faith; that, where there is despair, I may bring hope; that, where there are shadows, I may bring light; that, where there is sadness, I may bring joy.

Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted, to understand than to be understood; to love than to be loved; for it is by forgetting self that one finds; it is forgiving that one is forgiven; it is by dying that one awakens to eternal life.

This week-end I spent special time with my girls, we talked about so many things, and I have realized that I dod not like to cook, unless it is for them... or for people that I care dearly for! We discovered new recipes and laughed the entire time, one came out so so and the other came out fabulous!

As I walked on my hike I called my mother which I never call, I called her to remind her that I loved her, the night before I'd spoken to my sister which gave me strength and put a huge smile on my face...

Staying in th city this year turned out to be very special, this easter morning I prayed and gave thanks to every thing I have, my daughters, the love I am healthy to give, and my beautiful friends!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!






4 comments:

  1. Bellas!!! Impresionante lo desprendida que son algunas personas... Ojala fuesemos todos así, aunque sea un poco y de seguro habría menos pobreza.

    Saludos,


    ahikars

    ReplyDelete
  2. si la Madre Teresa era definitivamente un ser extraordinario, yo definitivamente le tengo mucho mas FE a las mujeres de la iglesia catolica en comparacion con los hombres! Mira el escandalo en este momento, que hasta el Papa sabia de atrosidades que se les estaba cometiendo a niños... por mi que lo saquen!

    Y sobre el otro comentario sobre mi sumision, a veces es bueno tener nudos de debilidad... jajaja especialmente si eres reconocida como la mujer super fuerte... y tal vez lo diga porque como yo tambien soy chola... en fin pero no el hombre hostil yo habla del caballero de la sierra...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excelentes fotos como siempre, son de esas que te trasladan al lugar y te llenan de los sentimientos que habían, en estas mucho amor, comodidad, y confianza! Muy buena elección con la Madre Teresa, nunca se le ha reconocido todo lo que fue, hizo, y su legado seguirá haciendo por el Mundo... Besos y Exitos

    ReplyDelete